Tuesday 24 April 2012

John's Place Family Restaurant - Oldcastle Restaurant Review




Food:   

Between the two of us – I had the Club Sandwich and my friend had the Gyro.  Both were excellent, the club came with the choice of a grilled chicken breast or turkey meat (the real meat, not the sliced deli meat) with the choice of whole wheat or white and a side of fries and coleslaw.  The club was made the way a club should be made, and the fries were simply delightful – the coleslaw was more vinegary then creamy, bland yet good.  Though I didn’t try my friends gyro – he said it was delicious. I also had a coffee with my meal, the mug stayed full and the coffee was fresh.




Presentation:  simple – what you would expect

Staff: our waitress was pleasant and courteous



Atmosphere and Aesthetics:

            Interior:  typical country style restaurant – see pics.
            Exterior:  clean next to mechanics garage – plenty of parking.

Cleanliness:  seems to be kept clean






Would I Recommend to a Friend?

Yes – I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, priced well for what you get with the portions not leaving you on a empty stomach.  Just remember to bring cash as they do not accept any cards.  (though there is a ATM machine in the diner)


Address and Contact Info:

7450 Walker Rd.
Oldcastle Ontario
N0R 1L0
(519) 737-6773 ‎


No comments:

Post a Comment