Thursday 12 January 2012

Indian Palace - Windsor Restaurant Review



Food: I have dined at “Indian Palace” on a few occasions. This visit I tried the Mutton Madras dish with Naan bread on the side. With this dish you have the choice of mild to hot spice, and goes well with the naan bread (what doesn’t go well with naan though!). The mutton madras was a change in my usual Indian dishes of choice (tandoori , korma, butter chicken) – and I did not enjoy this dish as much as the others. I asked for medium spice, and it was right on, did not burn the mouth, though gave a spicy sensation – though the dish had nice curry flavour , a decent amount of mutton, it is not my favourite Indian dish. The side of naan was also good, but a bit dry. I had naan here in the past and it is usually better. Overall, I have been back on several occasions, the food is always good and service is great!

Presentation: Simple, the main dish is served in a stainless steel bowl, the naan in a basket, and you are given a plain white plate to mix your dishes together.

Staff: Attentive, friendly, there to serve you, pleasant and informative.

Atmosphere and Aesthetics:

Interior: See below picture, plain, nothing exciting or stimulating, not cultural themed and a bit outdated – music/tv in the background for noise, booths for more private setting, tile floors

Exterior: On Ottawa street, old charming street of Windsor, store signage simple – was there over the holidays and restaurant had exterior Christmas decorations.

Typical Patrons: saw many come in and out for takeout, few patrons in dining room (though I visited around 4:00 PM – not a usual busy time) recommended that you go with a group to try and share many dishes

Cleanliness: place was very clean, both in restaurant as well as washrooms – very important in my mind

Would I Recommend to a Friend?

Yes – they have a variety of Indian dishes, kept clean, and reasonably priced. I would recommend going with a few friends though, therefore you can try 4-6 different dishes with naan bread and/or basmati rice.

Address and Contact Info:

1167 Ottawa St.

Windsor Ontario

N8X 2E4


Phone: 519-256-4104

Website: www.indiapalacewindsor.com





No comments:

Post a Comment